Event Date & Time
Celebrate SoTL 2021
We are excited to announce the fourth annual UBC Celebrate SoTL Day. This event will be held virtually this year, with sessions spread across two days: October 21 (interactive panel and e-poster session) and October 22 (dissemination workshop and discussion). This will allow UBC Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) practitioners to share their stories from practice, engage in dialogue around teaching and learning topics, and network with colleagues across disciplines. The event also offers an opportunity for those interested in, or currently engaging with the scholarship of teaching and learning, to become familiar with SoTL work that is currently taking place at UBC. Read about previous Celebrate SoTL events.
Interactive Panel: SoTL 101: Faculty Perspectives
In this session, five SoTL experts will share their insights on expanding SoTL projects beyond initial conceptualization to broader application and the ”value” in teaching and learning work for the educational leadership stream.
We will hear from diverse educators on their evolving conceptualization of SoTL:
- Matt Coles – Education Program Director, Faculty of Science, Department of Mathematics
- Christine D’Onofrio – Associate Professor of Teaching, Faculty of Arts, Department of Art History, Visual Art & Theory
- Katherine Lyon – Assistant Professor of Teaching, Faculty of Arts, Department of Sociology
- Segun Oyedele, Associate Professor of Teaching, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences
- Sally Stewart – Associate Professor of Teaching, Faculty of Health and Social Development, School of Health and Exercise Sciences
- Jackie Stewart, Director, ISoTL; Deputy Academic Director, CTLT
- Adriana Briseño-Garzón, Senior Manager: Research and Evaluation
- Trish Varao-Sousa, Evaluation & Research Consultant
- Paulina Semenec, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Facilitator
This event will hosted online on Zoom.