Event Date & Time
Registration for this session is full, please add your name to the waitlist HERE.
Through the What I Learned In Class Today project, participants will learn how to intentionally approach Indigenous content and topics in the classroom and will learn how this can make a supportive and positive learning experience for all students. This workshop requires participants to engage with asynchronous materials prior to the workshop, including watching the Original Student Speaks Video and reading two articles (approximately 30 minutes of pre-work). Within the synchronous portion of the workshop we will be screening the What I Learned In Class Today Renewed Faculty Perspectives Video, followed by a discussion.
Learning Outcomes: This session will help participants to begin critically engaging and reflecting on the following:
- How classroom climate impacts student experiences and community
- Appropriate engagement with Indigenous students within and beyond the classroom
- Ways to navigate Indigenous topics with care in the classroom
- Faculty, TAs, Instructors, members of teaching and learning community at UBC
- Erin Yun, Educational Consultant, Indigenous Initiatives, Centre for Teaching, Learning, and Technology
- Hannah Coderre, Educational Consultant, Indigenous Initiatives, Centre For Teaching, Learning, and Technology
This event will hosted online on Zoom.