Event Date & Time
Featuring current SoTL activity across UBC, this lightning talk session will provide an opportunity to disseminate project outcomes and to learn about successes and pitfalls from SoTL work developed by faculty, staff and students. Each speaker wil be presenting their projects in under 3 minutes, followed by a Q&A with the speakers. This session is part of the 5th annual Celebrate SoTL event.
Those interested in presenting their SoTL work should submit an application by Monday October 11, 2022.
- Adriana Briseño-Garzón, Senior Manager: Research and Evaluation
- Trish Varao-Sousa, Evaluation & Research Consultant
- Natasha Pestonji-Dixon, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Facilitator
Lightning Talk Presenters:
- Bruce Moghtader, Centre for Community Engaged Learning
- Christine D’Onofrio, Media Studies
- Ingrid Price, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Judy Chan, Food, Nutrition and Health
- Moberley Luger, English
- Pheroze Unwalla, History/Middle Eastern Studies
- Romina Sardari, Pharmacy Education Research and Leadership
- Silvia Bartolic, Sociology
- Xiaowen Xu, Asian Studies
This session is part of the 5th annual Celebrate SoTL event.
October 20 | 9:00am – 10:30am | Celebrate SoTL Keynote: Leveraging UBC’s Strength in SoTL
October 20 | 11:00am – 12:30pm | Interactive Panel: Perspectives on Student Demographic Data in SoTL
October 21 | 10:00am – 11:30am | Lightning Talks: Showcase your SoTL Work
October 21 | 12:15pm – 1:45pm | Hands-on Workshop: Creating a SoTL Project
Please register for sessions individually as desired.