Event Date & Time
The Program for Open Scholarship and Education (POSE) is a new six month flexible and blended program jointly presented by the UBC Open Working Group, the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology and UBC Library. The program will help you develop foundational knowledge of Open Scholarship, Open Education and Open Research.
By completing this program you will gain the tools and strategies to become proficient in supporting and advocating for open practices.
The program is intended for faculty, staff, postdocs, and graduate students with an interest in open research, open access, open data and open education. The program is open to UBCO and UBCV participants. We also invite non-UBC faculty, staff, and students at the post-secondary level to join the conversation.
You will learn about:
- Open Education
- Open Access
- Open Research
- Open Data
- Open Tools
Program Learning Objectives
- Develop an understanding of open scholarship in higher education and the intersections of each area: open access, education, data, and research
- Develop strategies to address potential risks and challenges when planning to engage in open practices
- Be prepared to support and develop open education, open access or open research projects
- Create an open project with the support of UBC experts and receive feedback from peers
To support participant flexibility, the program is composed of online self-paced modules that you can complete over the six months. You are also required to participate in 2 online synchronous sessions during the program. We will also host optional coffee times each month where you can engage with various experts in the are of open and meet other participants in a synchronous environment. Upon completion, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- January 13, 2021: Kick-Off Session: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- April 29, 2020: Wrap-up: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
*Please note that the schedule above is in Pacific Time
This program is designed to take no more than 3-5 hours per month including synchronous workshops, online modules, and personal project work. The program should take approximately 21 hours to complete.
We are looking forward to learning and working with you to further open education and research at the University of British Columbia. For more information on Open UBC visit open.ubc.ca.