Event Date & Time
Please click “Register Now” to register for this event. This event will be hosted online on Zoom.
Join us for virtual one on one consultations with Learning Designers to explore ways to enhance your students’ online learning experience. This is the opportunity for you to connect with a Learning Designer regarding any questions you have, or feedback you’d like, especially related to transitioning your course for online delivery this Fall.
Bring your courses, ideas and questions, and together we will explore how to incorporate online approaches into your teaching practice.
We can give guidance to incorporate online instructional strategies that support:
- Identifying key areas in your course where you may need to adjust your practice, expectations, or learning activities for the online environment
- How you might use both synchronous and asynchronous modes of teaching in your online course.
- Motivating students to engage with their learning (e.g. structuring the course effectively, connecting course objectives to the “real world”)
- Connecting students to their peers and instructors (e.g. collaborative and interactive activities, peer assessments)
- Self-regulated learning (e.g. self-assessing readiness for learning, learner autonomy)
- Evaluating your course design (e.g. aligning assessments with learning objectives, course usability)
- Accessibility (e.g. ensuring materials can be used by all students)
- Managing your workload in facilitating student activities and assessments
If this time doesn’t fit to your schedule, let us know and we’ll adjust to yours. Go to OTP Course Consultations, complete the form and we will follow up with you.
Please ensure you have your own quiet space, a computer with a webcam and headphones or earbuds.