Event Date & Time
If you are preparing resources for your teaching, from PowerPoint slides to online modules, chances are you’ll want to incorporate readings, images, video clips, problem sets, or other materials from different sources. This session will focus on the pragmatic elements and the basics of working with open educational resources (OER), which are teaching and learning resources that have an open permission which allows anyone to freely use, adapt and share the resource—anytime, anywhere.
- Be modified to suit student needs, teaching methods, and curriculum specifics
- Lower or remove barriers, such as costs, to help ensure students have access to the resources they need.
- Be used, edited, or adapted without fear of copyright infringement
This session will explore what makes a resource “open”, using and working with OER, and support for OER at UBC. Please bring your questions and join us in exploring how open education resources can support effective teaching practices.
- Will Engle, Strategist, Open Education Initiatives
- Rie Namba, Educational Resources Developer – Open Resources
If you are interested in learning more about Open Educational Resources, you can register foron August 23.
This event will hosted online on Zoom.