Event Date & Time
- Keen to learn about learner-centred course design?
- Have a course or module to design and you’re not sure where to start?
- Interested in integrating learner-centred strategies into your design?
- Want to explore assessment and instructional strategies at the course level?
In this engaging two-part workshop, you will journey through three stages of course design: reflecting on situational factors, writing learning outcomes, and exploring assessment options and instructional strategies to support learners. This workshop is for instructors who are designing courses or modules. Staff in co-curricular roles who design workshops and non-credit courses will also find this workshop helpful to their design process. This workshop will help you design effective learning environments for your audience no matter the delivery method you are designing for (online, face-to-face, blended, etc.).
By the end of the two-part workshop, you will:
- Understand the stages of learner-centred course design
- Value the role of learning outcomes
- Expand your assessment toolkit
- Explore instructional strategies and active learning techniques
This is a two-part workshop, offered one week apart. A brief pre-work activity (~ 30 mins) will be circulated a week in advance. Please bring your pre-work with you to the workshop. There is also some individual work to complete between the two sessions (less than one hour). Registration is for both dates (July 14 & 21). If you have concerns with attendance, please email email@example.com to discuss your options.
- Sue Hampton, Educational Consultant, CTLT
- Judy Chan, Educational Consultants, CTLT
- Ainsley Camps, Educational Developer, CTLT
Note: This program does not replace the Course Design Intensive for Faculty (CDI), which is a 3-day intensive culminating in a course re/design. Faculty members interested in redesigning their for-credit academic courses at UBC should register in the CDI: https://ctlt.ubc.ca/programs/all-our-programs/course-design-intensive/
This event will be hosted on Zoom.