Event Date & Time
This event has been postponed to February 10, 2022.
This workshop has been designed for instructors who are interested in joining conversations about anti-racism and looking for an entry point to their learning journey. This session introduces fundamental concepts such as power, privilege, and positionality, and supports participants as they integrate these fundamental concepts into their teaching and learning practices.
Asynchronous Module (Mandatory Pre-Work)
Prior to the synchronous workshop, participants will work asynchronously on the Introduction to Power, Privilege and Bias module (a module adapted from the introductory course on Equity, Diversity & Inclusion in Teaching and Learning).
For the synchronous component, participants will meet through Zoom and:
- Engage in conversation on concepts introduced in the module;
- Share their insights from the online module;
- Extend their learning into teaching and learning contexts.
Our goal for this blended session is for participants to start exploring anti-racism in teaching and learning by reflecting on key concepts and understanding how these concepts manifest in various educational contexts.
For any questions about this blended session or the pre-work, please email Sue Hampton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sue Hampton, Educational Consultant, CTLT
- Freda Maideen; Educational Consultant, Anti-Racist Teaching & Facilitation; Centre For Teaching, Learning, and Technology
This event will be hosted online on Zoom.