Event Date & Time
This is an in-person event.
Through the What I Learned In Class Today project, participants will learn how to intentionally approach Indigenous content and topics in the classroom and will learn how this can make a supportive and positive learning experience for all students.
This workshop requires participants to engage with asynchronous materials prior to the workshop, including watching the Renewed Student Perspectives Film: Educational Experiences and Institutional Responses and reading two articles (approximately 30 minutes of pre-work). Within the synchronous portion of the workshop we will be screening the What I Learned In Class Today Renewed Faculty Perspectives Video, followed by a discussion.
Learning Outcomes: This session will help participants to start critically engaging and reflecting on the following,
- How classroom climate impacts student experiences
- Appropriate engagement with Indigenous students within and beyond the classroom
- Ways to navigate Indigenous topics with care in the classroom
- Faculty, TAs, Instructors, members of teaching and learning community at UBC
- Hannah Coderre – Educational Consultant, CTLT Indigenous Initiatives
- Erin Yun – Educational Consultant, CTLT Indigenous Initiatives
Venue: Irving K Barber Learning Centre, Seminar (Room 2.22)
Venue Website: http://www.maps.ubc.ca/PROD/index_detail.php?locat1=516Address:
Please note this room is located through the CTLT offices of the 2nd floor in IKBLC.