Event Date & Time
Please click “Register Now” to register for this event. This event will hosted online on Zoom. This workshop is also offered on July 9.
Developing and fostering an online community in your course can increase student engagement and motivate students. In this session we explore practical design and teaching approaches to building a Community of Inquiry (CoI). The CoI is a framework that focuses on facilitating meaningful learning experiences through three presences: cognitive, social, and teaching. Join us as we explore practical instructional strategies based in these 3 presences.
- Explain the idea behind a Community of Inquiry
- Explain each of the three presence necessary for a successful Community of Inquiry
- Select CoI instructional strategies to enhance social, cognitive and teaching presence in your online course
- Emily Renoe, Senior Educational Consultant, CTLT
- Lucas Wright, Senior Educational Consultant, CTLT
Please ensure you have your own quiet space, a computer with a webcam and headphones or earbuds.