Event Date & Time
Please click “Register Now” to register for this event. This event will be online on Blackboard Collaborate.
In this session we will explore the tools available in Canvas and how to use them effectively, including Collaborate Ultra, Quizzes and Assignments, SpeedGrader, Discussions, and the Gradebook. In addition, this session will include discussions on how to manage your health and wellbeing during periods of stress as well as learning about the effective strategies for assisting your students. Finally, a discussion period will provide an opportunity to ask questions and receive advice from peers and facilitators.
By the end of this lesson you will be able to:
- Describe the five recommendations for wellbeing from the UBC Wellbeing Thrive 5 campaign.
- Identify one UBC resource to identify and support individuals facing difficulties.
- Utilize Canvas’ Collaborate Ultra to lead discussions and provide instructional content.
- In Canvas, create and moderate a Discussion using active learning techniques, create an Assignment or Quiz, use SpeedGrader to assess student work, and assign and modify grades in Gradebook.
Qualtrics link for pre-session survey: https://ubc.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_d5t9873kNswNNRj
- Kyle Gooderham, PhD student, Department of Psychology
- Krista Sferrazza, Masters student, School of Nursing
The Blackboard Collaborate video conferencing link will be provided prior to the event to all who are confirmed to participate. Please ensure you have a quiet space and a computer with a webcam and earphones/buds.