Event Date & Time
Please click “Register Now” to register for this event. This event will be online on Blackboard Collaborate.
TAs have been facing unique challenges TAing large, synchronous, online classes. This session will explore the advantages and challenges unique to large, synchronous, online classes. We will brainstorm strategies for engaging students in these spaces, and how the TA can support instructors.
- To explore the advantages and challenges unique to large synchronous online classrooms
- To develop strategies for TAs to engage students in large synchronous online classrooms
- To identify 2-3 strategies and be familiar with online and on-campus resources available to support instructors in large synchronous online classrooms.
- Sai Diwan, PhD student, Department of Asian STudies
- Colin Dring, PhD student, Integrated Studies in Land and Food System
The Blackboard Collaborate video conferencing link will be provided prior to the event to all who are confirmed to participate. Please ensure you have a quiet space and a computer with a webcam and earphones/buds.