Event Date & Time
Click “Register Now” to apply. If your application is successful and you are selected as a participant you will be contacted via email with more details to attend the Internship. This event will be held online on Zoom and in-person on campus.
What is the Postdoc Teaching Internship?
The next Postdoc Teaching Internship cohort will start in September 2021. In order to register, you need to be a Postdoc and have completed a Postdoc ISW, the CIRTL Summer Teaching Institute, or Foundations of Pedagogy.
Registration opens on August 9 and closes on August 30 at 4 pm.
Introduction to PDTI
Postdoctoral Fellows’ Teaching Internship (PDTI) is a teaching development program designed specifically for UBC postdocs who are interested in pursuing academic teaching as a part of their career. The program is being offered by UBC’s Centre for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning (CIRTL) in collaboration with the Postdoctoral Fellows Office.
By the end of the Internship, the PDFs will be able to:
- Create a framework for how a typical university course operates
- Articulate how teaching and learning theories intersect with the practical requirements of a university course
- Design university lessons which incorporate learner-centred lesson planning basics, demonstrating the alignment of learning objectives, learning activities and assessment techniques
- Develop and refine a teaching portfolio using the evidence of teaching effectiveness gathered throughout the internship
The schedule is as follows and sessions will be held online on Zoom and in-person from 2-4 pm.
- September 2 – Preliminary Meeting (online)
- September 16 – Lesson Basics & Planning (in-person)
- October 7 – Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (in-person)
- October 28 – Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (in-person)
- November 18 – Teaching Portfolios (in-person)
- December 2 – Panel Discussion (TBD – check back on this page for an update)