Event Date & Time
In partnership with 15 health professional programs at the University of British Columbia, UBC Health (Office of the Vice-President, Health) delivers an integrated and coordinated approach to interprofessional education. The Integrated Curriculum supports the development of the competencies health students need for interprofessional collaborative practice and team-based care. The Integrated Curriculum consists of a series of large-scale interprofessional workshops and online modules where more than 2,000 health professional students from 15 health disciplines learn with, from, and about each other. The Integrated Curriculum is formally integrated into the training of health professionals at UBC.
Challenged by restrictions from the COVID-19 pandemic during the 2020/21 academic year, UBC Health partnered with UBC’s Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology to adapt the program for online delivery. All modules were successfully delivered to students asynchronously or through facilitated Zoom sessions.
During this session, the program team will lead a 15-minute presentation including:
- An overview of the Integrated Curriculum
- Key design, logistical and pedagogical considerations for pivoting from a blended to a completely online delivery
- Successes and challenges
- Lessons learned
- Considerations for the 2021/2022 delivery
The presentation will be followed by a 45-minute collaborative discussion. Attendees will have the opportunity to reflect on connections between this model of learning and their own contexts, ask questions, and share ideas.
- Caroline Voisine, Curriculum Manager, UBC Health, Office of the Vice-President Health
- John Cheng, Educational Consultant: Learning Design, Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology
About the Series:
The Online Course Design Showcase is a monthly event highlighting interesting examples of teaching and learning at UBC. If you are teaching a course via online, hybrid or blended learning methods, please join an innovative UBC instructor and one of our learning designers for a short presentation followed by Q&A and discussion. In this supportive and collaborative environment, there will be a chance to ask questions, interact with instructors, staff and learning designers.
Topics will change month to month. Whether you participate in one or all of these sessions you can expect to:
- Become aware of innovative online, hybrid, or blended teaching and learning practices at UBC
- Explore connections to your own teaching and learning context
- Contribute to a collaborative discussion
This event will be online on Zoom.