Event Date & Time
Please click “Register Now” to register for this event. This event will be hosted online on Zoom.
Welcome to UBC! We are pleased you have joined our vibrant, supportive UBC community! We know our faculty and staff are the most important resources we have – working side-by-side to shape the future of research, learning, and work. This session is designed to help new faculty members learn more about UBC and the opportunities available here for you with a focus on teaching, learning and student success.
During this session you will:
- Gain insights into the student experience and UBC community
- Hear first-hand from colleagues about how to have a successful first year
- Learn about teaching programs, practices and resources at UBC
- Meet colleagues from across the Vancouver campus
Please note, this online session is for NEW FACULTY only. The session will include welcome remarks from Professor Ono and a panel of veteran faculty discussing their transition to online teaching, and supporting student success.
- kele fleming, Associate Director, Teaching & Learning Professional Development, CTLT
- Emily Renoe, Senior Educational Consultant: Learning Technologies, CTLT
Please ensure you have your own quiet space, a computer with a webcam and headphones or earbuds.