Event Date & Time
This event is part of the 2022 Celebrate Learning Week.
This session is for anyone who teaches at UBC who is looking for an introduction to inclusive teaching practices. Be introduced to the literature underpinning inclusive teaching and discuss why inclusive practices in the classroom are important. We will explore diversity amongst UBC’s student population. You will have an opportunity to learn, discuss and share inclusive teaching practices. You will leave the workshop with a range of practices and resources to continue exploring.
In this workshop you will:
- Define diversity, equity and inclusion in UBC’s context.
- Be introduced to the literature underpinning inclusive teaching and why it’s important.
- Explore diversity at UBC and who studies here
- Have an opportunity to reciprocally learn, discuss and share inclusive teaching practices
- Nausheen Shafiq, CTLT Curriculum Consultant
- Sue Hampton. Educational Consultant, CTLT