Event Date & Time
Are you wondering how to support new learners to Indigenous topics? Are you a new learner yourself?
Join us on November 23rd for the premiere of in/relation: Supporting new learners with Indigenous with Indigenous topics at UBC.
in/relation is an educational resource for UBC’s teaching and learning community who are interested in exploring Indigenous histories and contexts at UBC with others who are new to these topic s and are non-experts on Indigenous topics themselves.
in/relation contains tools and support to self-start in a good way, creating solid foundations to co-learn together while navigating these conversations.
We welcome you to come and celebrate with us. The launch will feature:
- The premier of the in/relation Facilitator Video, a short video featuring a guided conversation with teaching professionals who have implemented in/relation in their practice;
- A demo of the in/relation website; and
- A panel of faculty, staff, and graduate students who have implemented in/relation into their teaching practice
- Ayaka Yoshimizu, Assistant Professor of Teaching, Department of Asian Studies & UBC-Ritsumeikan Academic Exchange Program
- Daniel Gallardo, PhD Student, Faculty of Education, Indigenous Global Connections Research Professional in the Office of Global Engagement
- Evan Mauro, Lecturer, Coordinated Arts Program
Venue Website: http://www.maps.ubc.ca/PROD/index_detail.php?locat1=516Address:
Please note this room is located through the CTLT offices of the 2nd floor in IKBLC.