Event Date & Time
Graduate Instructional Skills Workshop – September 9, 13, 17 & 20, 2020 will be online on Canvas and Zoom.
*** Please note that the dates and times of the online ISW are as follows***
- Wednesday, Sept. 9 | 4 – 6 PM
- Sunday, Sept. 13 | 10 AM – 2 PM
- Thursday, Sept. 17 | 10 AM – 12 PM and 2 – 6 PM
- Sunday, Sept. 20 | 10 AM – 12 PM and 2 – 6 PM
***Click “Register Now” to sign up for the WAITLIST only (being on the waitlist doesn’t guarantee a spot). IF you are chosen to participate, you will be contacted directly by our office by email (between after signing up and by registration closing date)***
Registration for the WAITLIST of this ISW closes on September 4 at 4:30 pm.
Workshop Overview: This 4-day workshop (24-hour) consists of teaching practice, theory application, and topical sessions specifically relevant to Teaching Assistants and Graduate Students at UBC. During the workshop you will teach 3 short lessons and receive feedback from your peers. You will work closely with peers and trained facilitators (who are themselves UBC graduate students). In this supportive atmosphere you will have a chance to begin to develop new teaching skills, to enhance existing skills, and/or to try new and challenging ideas. This workshop is being offered in a special ONLINE format to accommodate distance learning and to meet the rapidly changing needs of TAs and graduate student instructors as a result of this shift to online education and will therefore focus on online instruction.
A participant who wishes to take the Grad ISW is eligible if they are:
- a full-time or part-time registered graduate student at UBC during the academic term when the ISW is offered
- a graduate student at UBC who has completed degree requirements but has not yet convocated
- a joint degree graduate student who is enrolled at UBC and another institution
- a graduate student at UBC pursuing non-degree studies
- a visiting graduate student that is eligible to take courses
A participant who wishes to take the Grad ISW is not eligible if they are:
- not a graduate student at UBC
- a graduate student at UBC who has on-leave status
- a visiting graduate student that is not eligible to take courses
Additional information on the Graduate ISW can be found online here
Questions: If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org