Event Date & Time
TA Training and support at UBC aims to create inclusive and equitable classrooms, as well as to responsibly engage with Indigenous curriculum, which have not diminished since the pivot to remote teaching and learning. Instead, these important needs have been amplified and have shifted to a new context and required creative and responsive approaches. Join facilitators from the CTLT Indigenous Initiatives team and the UBC Equity and Inclusion office for an information session where you will learn about some of the concepts covered and resources available for those supporting TA Training programs at UBC. The audience for this session is TA Training Coordinators, Faculty, Instructors, and experienced TAs. In this session, participants will learn about the opportunities available to support Teaching Assistants at UBC to work in closer alignment with university priorities relating to Indigenous engagement and inclusive excellence.
Participants can get expect to:
- Understand what to expect from Indigenous Initiatives classroom climate and Equity and Inclusion office TA training approaches
- Become familiar with the UBC policies and strategic priorities supporting equity, diversity, inclusion and Indigenous engagement for TA development
- Be introduced to some of the resources and concepts covered in Indigenous Initiatives classroom climate and Equity and Inclusion office TA training
- Identify who to contact for more support integrating classroom climate and/or inclusive teaching training in your department’s TA Training programs
- Erin Yun, Educational Consultant for Classroom and Campus Climate, CTLT Indigenous Initiatives
- Claudia Diaz, Educational Consultant, CTLT Indigenous Initiatives
- Rachael Sullivan, Equity Facilitator, Equity and Inclusion Office
This event will be hosted on Zoom.