Event Date & Time
This workshop is being offered in collaboration between the CTLT and SVPRO (Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Office). The workshop is open to faculty, TAs, staff and the UBC teaching and learning community who want to learn more about supporting students and responding to disclosures of sexual assault. At this workshop you will learn how trauma affects the mind and body, and how to support someone who discloses sexual assault. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss how to respectfully respond to and support survivors, understand the difference between disclosure and reporting, and ask questions.
This is an opportunity to learn how to be a part of creating a safer, caring campus community.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Understand how trauma impacts the mind and body
- Support someone who discloses sexual assault
- Use tested techniques to respond to and support survivors
- Understand the difference between disclosure and reporting
- Sasha Wiley-Shaw, Educator, Sexual Violence Prevention & Response Office (SVPRO)