Event Date & Time
Jointly presented by the Department of Human Resources and the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology (CTLT), this event is designed to help new faculty members to:
- Understand UBC’s vision, organizational structure and current initiatives;
- Hear first-hand from colleagues about how to have a successful transition and first year;
- Navigate effectively through UBC’s resources and services;
- Meet colleagues from across the university; and
- Experience UBC’s unique culture, diversity, architecture, and physical setting.
The day’s events include an optional guided tour at the Museum of Anthropology before the main event, a traditional musqueam welcome from Larry Grant, Musqueam Elder in Residence at the First Nations House of Learning, Angela Redish, Provost and Vice President Academic Pro term, Eric Eich, Vice-Provost and Associate Vice-President, Academic Affairs and Lisa Castle, Vice President Human Resources; an open house showcasing available resources and services; and presentations from colleagues.
4:30pm – 5:30pm – Wine and Cheese Networking Reception
Please note, this is for NEW FACULTY only. New STAFF members, please register here.
We are also offering a guided tour of the Museum of Anthropology. Please register here.
For a complete list of New Staff/Faculty Orientation events, please click here.