Event Date & Time
A light breakfast will be provided and you will have an opportunity to network with your fellow colleagues.
New instructors are invited to join Associate Director, Teaching and Learning Professional Development, kele fleming, and CTLT educational development staff to learn about how CTLT may support your teaching and learning needs, discuss UBC’s teaching and learning related strategic priorities, explore what your fellow faculty members consider to be the main challenges and enablers for their teaching at UBC, and strategize a plan for the semester with your own professional development and wellbeing in mind. You will also hear from Sheryda Warrener’s journey and experience in navigating her role as an instructor at UBC.
This session will be followed by a series of workshops and presentations relevant to those who are new to teaching at UBC — we welcome you to attend any that strikes your interest.
By the end of the session, you will be able to:
– Appreciate the changing teaching and learning landscape at UBC
– Consider the intersections between departmental, student, and personal expectations with individual wellbeing
– Draft concrete plans for the upcoming semester
– Connect and network with fellow instructors
- kele fleming – Associate Director, Teaching and Learning Professional Development, CTLT
- Sheryda Warrener – Lecturer, Faculty of Arts, Creative Writing
- Deb Chen, PhD – Educational Developer: Teaching and Learning, CTLT
Please note that this session is NOT Teaching Development Program (TDP) kick-off session.