Event Date & Time
This ISW will be held in-person.
Please read the workshop eligibility prior to signing up for the waitlist.
***Click “Register Now” to sign up for the WAITLIST only (being on the waitlist doesn’t guarantee a spot). If you are selected as a participant you will receive an email to confirm your registration about 2-3 weeks beforehand***
Registration for the WAITLIST of this ISW opens on September 6 at 9 am and closes on October 12 at 4:30 pm.
Workshop Overview: This 3-day workshop consists of teaching practice, theory application, and topical sessions specifically relevant to Teaching Assistants and Graduate Students at UBC. During the workshop you will teach 3 short lessons and receive feedback from your peers. You will work closely with peers and trained facilitators (who are themselves UBC graduate students). In this supportive atmosphere you will have a chance to begin to develop new teaching skills, to enhance existing skills, and/or to try new and challenging ideas.
A participant who wishes to take the Grad ISW is eligible if they are:
- a full-time or part-time registered graduate student at UBC during the academic term when the ISW is offered. Winter Session Term 1 (September-December), Term 2 (January-April); Summer Session Term 1 (May-June), Term 2 (July-August). Please ensure you are registered as a Graduate Student in Winter Session Term 1 (September-December 2022).
- a graduate student at UBC who has completed degree requirements but has not yet convocated
- a joint degree graduate student who is enrolled at UBC and another institution
- a graduate student at UBC pursuing non-degree studies
- a visiting graduate student that is eligible to take courses
A participant who wishes to take the Grad ISW is not eligible if they are:
- not a graduate student at UBC
- a graduate student at UBC who has on-leave status
- a visiting graduate student that is not eligible to take courses
Additional information on the Graduate ISW can be found online here
IMPORTANT Registration Process: ISWs offered for Graduate Students at UBC are in high demand and wait lists for each workshop are typically 80-100+.
Questions: If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Venue Website: http://www.maps.ubc.ca/PROD/index_detail.php?locat1=516Address:
Please note this room is located through the CTLT offices of the 2nd floor in IKBLC.