Event Date & Time
Equity and inclusion can sometimes seem like buzzwords on campus. So what exactly can meaningful engagement with equity and inclusion look like in the classroom? How can we shift our own teaching practices towards more inclusive teaching? How do we invite others into the conversation to create department- or faculty-wide changes?
A panel of UBC faculty from different disciplines and backgrounds will explore these questions and discuss their experiences and ideas around what it takes to create teaching and learning spaces where all students – especially those who have been historically, persistently, and systemically marginalized – feel that they belong and can succeed. Join the conversation to help create inclusive teaching and learning spaces in classrooms and beyond at UBC.
Not able to attend in person? Join us via live stream. Use this link.
- Kevin Lamoureux, University of Winnipeg, Faculty of Education, Lecturer
- Aftab Erfan, Director, Dialogue & Conflict Engagement, Equity & Inclusion Office and Sessional Lecturer SCARP
- Benjamin Cheung, Lecturer, Psychology
- Christine Goedhart, Science Education Specialist, Botany
- Minelle Mahtani, Associate Professor, Institute of Gender, Race, Sexuality and Social Justice and Senior Advisor to the Provost on Racialized Faculty
- Sara Ghebremusse, Assistant Professor, Law
- Wendy Carr, Professor of Teaching, Education