Event Date & Time
As a follow-up to the New Faculty and Staff Orientation and the Orientation to Teaching this summer, new faculty are invited to a mid-year check with UBC’s Senior Advisor Teaching and Learning and Academic Director CTLT, Simon Bates, and CTLT educational consultant staff. Please join us for a morning of networking, discussion, and reflection. CTLT staff will introduce you to programs and services available to support your career as a faculty member at UBC. Light breakfast will be available at 8:30 am and our program will start at 9:00 am.
By the end of the two hours, participants will:
1. Reflect on the term and what you have learned.
2. Learn about the changing teaching and learning landscape at UBC.
3. Have another opportunity to network with one another.
4. Make some concrete plans for your teaching and your teaching skills development.
5. Provide feedback on how well CTLT’s programs and services will meet your needs.