Event Date & Time
The LT Hub is a partnership between UBC’s Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology (CTLT) and UBC Information Technology to provide functional and technical support for UBC’s Learning Technology Ecosystem.
We invite you to attend the Learning Technology Hub (LT-Hub) Open House on Wednesday, August 24th, 2016 between 1:30pm – 3:30pm. Come and visit the LT Hub staff to learn more about our wide range of services and support. Not sure how learning technologies can support your teaching practice? Talk to skilled and knowledgeable LT educational consultants about integrating learning technologies into your face-to-face, blended or online course.
There will be interactive demonstrations/poster session, an exclusive spotlight featuring Faculty members sharing innovative examples, and the LT-Hub staff will be on hand to answer any questions you may have. This open house is a great opportunity to learn about new learning technology tools at UBC as well as re-familiarize yourself with existing ones. Light snacks will be served during this event.
Faculty demonstrations are scheduled as follows:
- 1:45-2pm – TBD – Teaching with iPeer
- 2-2:15pm – Jeff Miller – Teaching with Blogs
- 2:30-2:45pm – Judy Chan – Teaching with Wikis
- 3-3:15pm – TBD – Teaching with Edx
Poster sessions include:
- Content Delivery & Content Authoring tools (Connect, edX, blogs, wikis, Kaltura, Videoscribe, Camtasia)
- Assessments (i.e. Open Badges, Respondus)
- Peer-based Assessments (i.e. iPeer, Calibrated Peer Review)
- Discussions/Interactions (i.e. PulsePress, iClicker/REEF polling)
- Course Management and Evaluation (Outcomes, Connect/edX Grade Centre, Turnitin)
- UBC Studios (exploring DIY media projects to professional production)
- Learning Technology Environment Renewal Project