Event Date & Time
Each year, a portion of UBC-V student tuition is set aside to form the Teaching and Learning Enhancement Fund (TLEF). The TLEF is a unique opportunity for faculty and students to apply for funding to carry out projects seeking to improve the student learning experience at UBC-V. Come to this event to see poster presentations from 40 TLEF project teams, to learn more about how their TLEF projects are impacting the student experience across campus.
For anyone thinking of applying to the TLEF, this event will also provide helpful insight into the types of initiatives the TLEF supports across both Large and Small TLEF projects.
The 2016 TLEF Showcase is part of Celebrate Learning Week . Join us for a light reception and opportunity to speak with the TLEF community. Snacks and refreshments will be provided.
Date: Thursday, May 5th
Time: 11:30 am-1:30 pm
Location: Earth Science Building (ESB) foyer (ground floor)
This event is hosted by the Office of the Provost and Vice-President, Academic, and the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology.
UBC 2050: The Future of Higher Education (separate registration required)
Later in the day, from 2:00pm to 4:00pm at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre, join us for a panel discussion on “UBC 2050: The Future of Higher Education” with the following panelists:
- Dr. Martha C. Piper, Interim UBC President and Vice-Chancellor
- Dr. Angela Redish, Provost and Vice-President Academic pro tem
- Annie Murphy Paul, Book Author, Magazine Journalist, Consultant & Speaker
- Daniel Munro, Associate Vice President, Academic and University Affairs
- Janet Giltrow, Professor, English Department
- Sandra Jarvis-Selinger, Associate Dean, Academic Pharmaceutical Sciences
Venue Website: http://www.maps.ubc.ca/PROD/index_detail.php?locat1=225Address: