Event Date & Time
UBC Arts faculty and students have a long history of engaging with open educational resources (OER). OER are defined as teaching, learning, and research materials that are free of cost and access barriers, and which also carry legal permission for open use.
The OER Fund aims to support affordable and inclusive access to learning materials through the use of open educational resources in UBCV credit courses. A call for grant proposals was recently announced and, in this interactive webinar, Arts faculty who have previously received funding will share examples of their projects and discuss some of the motivations and approaches for integrating open resources and pedagogies into their courses.
If you are preparing to develop a proposal for an OER Fund grant or are interested in expanding your knowledge of open education practices, this session will highlight the motivations and processes involved.
For more information and registration, please visit https://isitworkshops.arts.ubc.ca/events/event/oer-fund-roundtable-october-27-2021/
- James McKitrick, Arts student
- Tara Mulder, Assistant Professor of Teaching, Department of Classical, Near Eastern, and Religious Studies
- Kelly Allison, Assistant Professor of Teaching, School of Social Work
- Christina Hendricks, Academic Director, Centre for Teaching, Learning, and Technology (UBCV)
- Will Engle, Strategist, Open Educational Initiatives, CTLT
- Jason Myers, Faculty Liaison, Arts